Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you
Biodegradable Waste Bags for Dogs
One of the most important issues in the world today is environmental conservation. A surprising issue that can cause the decay of your own backyard is your dog’s feces. Your dog has a high protein-based diet that can cause your dog’s waste to be acidic.
One gram of dog waste can contaminate our waterways and cause illnesses in humans with the presence of 23 million fecal coliform bacteria. One of the best ways to preserve your local environment is a good biodegradable bag to clean up after your friend.
What are Biodegradeable Dog Poop Bags?
A biodegradable dog waste bag is a specialized variant of the conventional plastic bags that are designed to be broken down in the environment by living organisms. One of the most significant issues with environmental conservation is the harm caused by plastic bags. Significant quantities of plastic bags are consumed by various animals and sea creatures each year and cause incalculable harm to various ecosystems.
The use of biodegradable dog bags helps to significantly reduce harm to the environment. Biodegradable dog bags are meant to work in a couple of different ways. They are designed to break down when surrounded by living matter, usually within two years. This is a measure that is designed to preserve the environment whereas plastic bags can get caught in landfills for centuries.
Things to Consider when Buying Biodegradable Poop Bags
- One of the most important things to consider in your purchase is the durability or general quality of the material. One of the most embarrassing and unpleasant things that can happen is when your bag breaks. That is a situation that would stink to say the least.
- Another important aspect that must be considered in your purchase is the product’s capability to block or eliminate the odor of your dog’s fecal matter. One of the worst things to experience when you are cleaning up after your dog is the foul stench that emanates from the “crime scene.” Some products come with a fresh scent that is built into the product to serve as a deterrent against the rogue stench.
- The best thing about most biodegradable dog bags is that they are easy to use. Many packs come with a design where bags break off easily for your convenience.
- A final aspect of biodegradable dog bags that should be considered is the quantity of bags that come in a package. You want to make sure that your chosen product will last for the long run. The right quantity for your situation can save you money.
The Best Biodegradable Poop Bag for Dogs
The most important thing to do in any situation is to find the best brand or type of biodegradable dog waste bags that work for your situation. To facilitate your search, you may want to look at these popular brands below.
Earth Rated Dog Poop Bags
The Earth Rated Dog Poop Bags product comes in quantities of 120 or 270 bags each that measure 23×33 cm. They are built with a strong material to prevent leaks. They also come in a variant with a lavender scent.
- EPI additive and use of recycled materials in product packaging and roll cores
- 100% percent leak-proof guarantee
- Simple to open and tie securely
- Potential lack of larger bags for bigger dogs
Planet Poop Bags for Dogs
The Planet Poop Bags brand of dog bags has the distinction of perhaps being the most eco-friendly bags on the entire list. These bags are certified to abide by the highest standards for environmental protection in the United States and Europe.
- Bags are extra-large being measured at 9 x 16 to allow enough space for all circumstances in disposing of your dog’s waste
- Strong material to prevent easy tears and to protect your hands
- 100% compostable bags
- Higher prices with a lower number of bags
Eco-Clean Biodegradable Dog Poop Bag
The Eco-Clean dog poop bags are unscented and come with 24 rolls that are composed of 360 bags. It also comes with one dispenser bag that measures 13 X 9 (L by W).
- Leak-Proof: Durable material to promote sanitary disposal
- Easy to open and detach
- Fits all type of leash dispensers
- Product only comes in one quantity.
PET N PET Earth-Friendly Dog Poop Bags
The Pet N PET product provides perhaps the largest quantity of bags for a single package on this list. These bags are designed with a paper tube inside to facilitate use and disposal.
- Great value for the number of bags and quality that you get.
- Easy to use and dispose
- Durable material to prevent leakage
- Enough space is made available to tie a secure knot
- The bags are not designed to fit all dispensers
Give A Sh*t – Biodegradable Dog Bag
The Give a Shit Eco-Friendly bags have the distinction of having the most unique name on this list. These bags are manufactured from 100% botanical plant components and use only Cornstarch, BPAT (biodegradable and compostable polymer), and edible glycerin. The packaging for the product is also made from 100% recycled cardboard.
- Bags are made from recycled materials
- 100% biodegradable and compostable
- 10% of all profits are donated to the Soi Dog Foundation to improve the lives of dogs and cats in Asia
- Product comes in only one quantity
- Potential to become offended for lack of a sense of humor
Biodegradable waste bags serve as a good alternative to dispose of waste and promote environmental conservation. The best thing about biodegradable waste bags is that you no longer have to feel like a party pooper when cleaning up after your pet. When we all come together with a mentality to protect our environment, we can make the world a better place and improve our quality of life.